If you live in the suburbs, owning chickens in the city is not the worst idea you could have.
In fact, it’s a great idea.
So if you’re thinking about getting into poultry production in your
backyard there’s some good reasons to do it and there’s some bad reasons
to do it.
Owning Chickens in the City
Why get Chickens?
- They provide you with manure for your vegetable garden
- They eat household food scraps
- They help in controlling insect in your garden
- You reduce the demand for the inhumane treatment of battery and barn raised chickens
- Chickens have great personalities
The first thing I want you to consider is make sure that if you are especially within city limits.
You should check your own city or municipal code to know that it’s allowed.
Fund out from your local council what number of chickens you can have in your back yard.
And whether or not you can have roosters because of the noise factor.
Secondly check with your neighbors make sure they’re all right with it.
Leave a Reply