Custom made socks are socks that you can get made according to your needs, whether it’s in terms of color, design, size, model or textile.
Custom socks can be made for various uses, whether it’s for colleges, sports teams, promotional items, family reunions, bands, etc …
They are usually available in three models: The short ones are ankle socks, which are also called quarter socks and can be found in a couples variations (one being shorter than the other). Crew socks are normal calf-length socks. As for knee-high socks they are knee-length socks that are mainly used for team sports.
Before ordering customized socks, you should consider the following points:
– If the socks you need are for dress, work or casual purpose, you can just get a fabric that is comfortable and don’t need to worry about something else. However, if you need socks for a sport, you should be careful: you need socks that are durable and comfy, whether it’s hot, cool or humid and, most importantly, that can prevent blisters. As a result, you should order technical socks, which contrary to cotton, have a wick-moisture away capability that protects from blisters; if you are interested in technical details, quality technical socks should be made of 85% Ultra Wicking Acrylic, 10% Spadex and 5% Nylon.
– While, regarding the model, you should do your homework and know what you want, especially if it’s for a sport team, you should also make sure that these socks are 100% customizable: you should be able to get your logo and/or text of your choice on any side of the sock and, also, be able to pick the color you want.
– When it comes to turn over time, it should take up to 8 weeks, which leaves you enough time to plan ahead. Most manufacturers deliver between 3 and 8 weeks.
– As for the price, it mostly depends on the quantity. To get an idea, most services charge a minimum of $5.50 per pair with minimum quantities between 100 and 300 pairs however you can probably find lower or higher prices. Manufacturers usually don’t give their prices online and you will need to contact them – here is a tip: contact them by e-mail to avoid any sales pitch and avoid sites that encourage you to call. Here is another essential tip about prices that you should take into consideration: most companies charge a set-up fee that they don’t include when they give you a price per pair. As a result, the price per unit is higher than what they tell you; rather go for companies that do not charge any set-up fee so you know what the real price is!
– Finally, and maybe this doesn’t matter to you, but some companies take advantage of cheap foreign labor with poor working conditions; if you don’t want to endorse this, look for companies that clearly state where they are located.
Now that you have all these elements, you should be ready to find great custom socks …